HOW DO YOU PROTECT YOURSELF?
HURRICANES, POWER SPIKES, FIRE AND THEFT ARE NOT THE ONLY RISKS TO YOUR DATA. A CUP OF COFFEE CAN BE JUST AS DANGEROUS IF IT SPILLS ON YOUR LAPTOP. YOUR DATA IS AT RISK RIGHT NOW.
BACKING UP IS IMPORTANT. BUT HOMETECH MAKES IT EASY.
OFFLINE or "LOCAL" BACKUP
This is a local copy of your data, whether to a DVD, flash drive, thumb drive, external hard drive, or another computer. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just has to work when you need it. We can show you how to make local backups to different kinds of media and even program your devices to automatically do it at a scheduled time.
Let us help you to make sure your backups reliable and useful.
ONLINE or "CLOUD" BACKUP
This is a copy of your data that is stored at another location, sent over the internet and available online all the time. There are many good online backup services available, but which one is right for you? They may all appear to do similar things, but it is not a one-size-fits-all market. Also, desktop backup software is not the same thing as Server backup software. The functions, plans and prices are NOT the same. Please contact us to help you pick the right online backup service for you and that it works the way you expect it to.
The 3-2-1 Backup Rule: The New Standard For Your Data Security
How Hometech Makes IT Easy:
- We want to make sure you are backed up! Local Backup is included with every plan for free.
- For cloud storage, we charge a flat fee, no matter how much you back up.
- The more you store, the less you pay per GB.
- There is no contract, no obligation, no commitment.
- Our software is HIPAA compliant and backups are encrypted for your security.
- We use multiple data centers across the USA for redundancy.
- Our backup has optional immutable storage!
- What is backed up? In most cases we will program an automatic disk image to run nightly. If a complete disk image cannot run, we will schedule as many files and folders as possible to be copied nightly to an external disk.
- Where is my data saved? Your maintenance plan includes a new disk for FREE if your server or main computer doesn't have a working drive. Portable Disk Included
- How much data can I store? Usually up to 4TB Storage on a local disk
- What's Included? Everything from the Silver Plan, PLUS Cloud Storage as described below:
- What is backed up? In most cases we will help you select your most important files and folders to be uploaded to the cloud every night on a schedule.
- Where is my data saved? Data is stored in Amazon S3 compatible storage hosted in redundant USA EAST data centers. All are HIPAA compliant secure facilities with 11x9s reliability.
- How much data can I store? Your account is unlimited as you will be charged only for the space you use.
- What's Included? Everything from the Gold Plan, PLUS a Fail Over server as described below:
- What is backed up? Your entire server is duplicated for the fail-over server and again for the cloud.
- Where is my data saved? The fail-over server will be onsite ready to stand in for your original server. A secondary copy of your data is uploaded to the cloud on a nightly or weekly basis depending on various factors.
- How much data can I store? The fail-over server can hold up to 8TB. The cloud server is unlimited.